We’re kicking off tourism season with the 10th Anniversary of the STAYCATION EXPO in partnership with Devonshire Mall. Registration is free!*
Showcase your experiences and attractions by putting together an enticing, interactive display that will be eye-catching and appealing. This is your chance to interact with local residents and visitors alike to show them all of the great things to see and do in our region. Did we mention there is NO COST to participate* for partners that currently advertise with or participate in a Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island program? In 2023 we saw over 55k guests visit Devonshire Mall over the two day event – and it’s your opportunity to engage with those visitors.
Join us at the Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island Annual Staycation Expo coming to Devonshire Mall:
- Friday April 26th, 2024 from 10:00am – 8:00pm
- Saturday April 27th, 2024 from 10:00am – 6:00pm
Register early to receive your space. Space is limited and first-come first-served.
We thank Devonshire Mall for this tremendous partnership and opportunity again this year. As always, they are putting a lot of effort into publicizing this event and it is expected to be well-attended.
REGISTRATION OPEN THROUGH THURSDAY MARCH 28th, 2024
This year we have several elements to create engagement with all vendors, and drive further traffic to the mall. These include:
- Engagement zones in like-minded categories, like outdoor adventure, entertainment & more
- A passport program to explore each zoned area in the mall for the chance to win $$$$
- Complimentary wine tastings in partnership with our EPIC Wineries and the Wine Marketing Association of Ontario as well as brewery and distillery tastings from our Barrels Bottles & Brews Trail partners all weekend, located in the centre of the route to increase traffic
This years marketing campaign includes:
- Radio buy on Mix 96.7 including a live remote on Friday April 26th
- Door decals inside Devonshire Mall
- Electronic billboard on Howard Avenue at Devonshire Mall
- Devonshire Mall & Tourism Windsor Essex email blast(s)
- Devonshire Mall & Tourism Windsor Essex social media campaigns
- WindsoriteDOTca marketing campaign
- Promoted social media posts on all platforms
- Exposure on devonerhismall.com and visitwindsoressex.com
In addition, on Thursday April 25th at approximately 10:30am Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island will host a media event to launch our 2024/2025 Official Visitor Guide to gain media presence for the expo, and encourage visitors to attend the expo throughout the weekend to pick up their first copies of the guide.
This is an incredible opportunity for you to promote your offerings at NO COST to you as we kick-off the 2024 tourism season.
SETUP DETAILS, TIPS & OPTIONS
- Put together an attractive display that will convey the essence of what you have to offer.
- We encourage you to utilize free samples/giveaways as part of your display.
- You have a few options for your setup, including: TABLE TOP (6′ table plus clearance for a chair), BOOTH DISPLAY (10′ x 10′ area including floor space to display your items, CUSTOM (if you require a custom space to fit your enticing and engaging display we will contact you for further details)
- A table and chair will be provided complimentary, if requested
- Limited power is available and not guaranteed
- All booths will include pipe and drape to separate your area from your neighbouring businesses and attractions
- Be available to staff your display Friday from 9:30am – 8:00pm & Saturday from 9:30 am – 6:00 pm *staffing booth for the duration of the event is mandatory
- Setup time: Friday April 26th from 8:00 am – 9:45 am
- Tear down: Saturday April 27th at 6:00pm
Please note: exhibits are for informational purposes only. Physical sales and food samples are NOT permitted by vendors unless approved my management. For those looking to sell items, the opportunity to participate in the W.E. Made It Market is highlighted below.
If you have questions on these opportunities or submitting your form accurately, please contact Jessica Riley.
ATTENTION Local Artisans and Makers:
* Note: your application is not approved until a staff member from the Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island team contacts you and verifies all details. Opportunity to participate in the Staycation Expo is complimentary for partners that are a) a paid advertising partner in the 2024/2025 Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island Visitor Guide or b) a paying partner in a Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island program. Cost to participate otherwise is $100.00 + HST per 10×10 booth space.