At this time, we are following recommendations from our municipal, provincial and federal governments to implement safety precautions across the region.
BORDER CROSSING DETAILS
Pre-entry testing will no longer be required for fully vaccinated travelers entering Canada.
Random testing may occur when entering the country. Note the ArriveCAN app must be utilized for ANY and ALL visitors or residents entering Canada through either the Ambassador Bridge or Windsor-Detroit Tunnel.
Canadian residents returning to Canada do not have to be vaccinated, but must submit their entrance details through the ArriveCAN app.
Unvaccianted travellers may be permitted to enter Canada, if they meet the following requirements:
- be prepared to quarantine for fourteen (14) days once entering Canada, and
- negative COVID-19 molecular test result taken 72 hours before your scheduled flight to Canada, or arrival at the land border or marine port of entry or
- negative COVID-19 antigen test result, taken no more than one calendar day before your scheduled flight to Canada, or arrival at the land border or marine port of entry or
- positive COVID-19 molecular test result received in the previous 10 to 180 days before your scheduled flight to Canada, or arrival at the land border or marine port of entry. positive antigen tests will not be accepted.
Steps To Prevent Illness
Our local health authority, The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit is recommending that in order to prevent the spread of Coronavirus individuals should:
- wash hands frequently and avoid facial contact;
- avoid contact with sick individuals;
- stay home from work when ill;
- ensure to properly clean high-touch surfaces, especially in your public spaces like washrooms, restaurants, elevators and work spaces;
- where possible, consider making alcohol-based hand sanitizer available for your guests and employees.
As the situation continues to evolve quickly, we encourage you to reference the Windsor Essex County Health Unit website for the latest regional updates.
Businesses are also required to provide alcohol based hand rub at entrance and exit points. For full details on the rules please click here.
The World Travel & Tourism Council has created ‘Safe Travels’. Safe Travels is a certification program that will allow travellers to recognize businesses and groups around the world which have adopted health and hygiene global standardized protocols – so consumers can experience Safe Travels. Eligible businesses can display the badge to showcase their status..
Part of our protocols include businesses and attractions providing a standardized version of protocols to ensure that people are and feel safe. For more details on the program click here.
As you scroll the listings on our website, look for the GREEN safe travels icon on listings to confirm businesses that are currently Safe Travels Certified in Windsor Essex.
For an update list of RESOURCES, WEBINARS and HEALTH RECOMMENDATIONS for local businesses please check out our COVID-19 RESOURCE HUB.