Windsor Essex is a peninsula surrounded by water – making this region a lure for fishing enthusiasts year-round. To the north lies Lake St. Clair and the historic Detroit River which heads south, flowing into the mighty Lake Erie.
Chart your course through the three bodies of water that surround our region by taking a look through our Fishing Guide for more in-depth information on fishing in Windsor Essex. We’ve also linked the plethora of Fishing Hotspots across our region, from one coastline to the other and have included links to experienced and knowledgeable local Fishing Charters who are ready to guide you. Get ready to cast your line in one of the three bodies of water that surround our region and that are brimming with muskie, walleye, bass, yellow perch and rainbow trout.
Before You HEAD OUT AND FISH
You can buy your fishing licence online and save it in a digital format (for example, on your smartphone), print it from home, or print it through a participating ServiceOntario or licence issuer location.
Two types of fishing licences are available:
- Sport fishing licence, which includes full catch-and-possession fishing privileges
- Conservation fishing licence, which includes reduced catch-and-possession limits. This is ideal for anglers who want to release the majority of fish they catch.
Fishing licences are available for different durations, including: one day, eight days, one year, three years
2022 GET HOOKED FISHING TOURNAMENT results
Thank you for everyone who participated in our Get Hooked Fishing Tournament that took place between April 22nd and May 1st, 2022- a socially distanced catch & release tournament for all ages! As part of the tournament, we gave away over $2k in prizes!
Official winners are being verified by Anglers Atlas and will be announced on Windsor Country Morning with Morgan and posted here. You can also click here to check out your competition and the leaderboard standings!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS!
- The most fish caught – $100 in Devonshire Mall gift cards + a Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island YETI – Hudson L. with 731 fish
- The biggest walleye (yellow pickerel) caught – $250 in Devonshire Mall gift cards – Kyle M. – length 70.5cm
- The biggest perch caught – $250 in Devonshire Mall gift cards – Carter S. – length 32cm
- The biggest silver bass caught – $250 in Devonshire Mall gift cards – Jon S. – length 42.5cm
- The best catch & release video (a video of you releasing your catch) – $150 in Devonshire Mall gift cards + a Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island YETI – Hunter M.
- The best family fishing shot (a photo of your family and your catch) – $100 in Devonshire Mall gift cards – Pat H.
- The best hero shot (a photo of you and your catch) – $200 in Sport Chek gift cards + a Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island YETI – Daniel P.
Congratulations to our Early Bird Winner Christopher M. and Alayna S. who have each won a $50 Devonshire Mall Gift Card and a Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island YETI!
Thank you to our partners Devonshire Mall, Windsor’s Country 959, Sport Chek and Anglers Atlas.
Share your fishing adventures with us on instagram – tag @twepi and use #FishingYQG to be featured on our page!